Well, I have spent almost a week and a half here in Osaka and it has been interesting experience. I mean it seems like a great city and I am having a decent time but it is kind of difficult to sit on your hands and just wait for a job to come up. Waiting takes it out of you, especially since you do not want to spend a lot of money in the process.
Since moving into my new place I have met a lot of the people here and there is a very nice mix between gaijin and Japanese people living here. It is a very nice community except they all go to work during the day...who would have though... so I spend most my day on the Internet or watching replays of the previous week football games, which I will admit hasn't been completely horrible. I have also been reading like a madman, probably the most I have ever read since college, which has been good for my brain. Gotten into a routine of doing 100 push ups a day with 100 sit ups too. You can find ways to occupy your time, the question is whether you enjoy what your doing.
After my trip yesterday to the immigration office I think I have come up with my next mode of action. The lady at the office said that it will take anywhere from 2 to 3 months before the whole process is completed and I can begin work. To even start the process I need a signed contract...which I do not have right now...and I do not think I can wait around that long without a job. So I think when my lease is up...Dec. 26...I will go to South Korea for a few weeks to visit a friend who is working over there. From there, I intend on going to Cambodia or Laos. I have not decided quite yet but I want to start there and then work my way around Southeast Asia.
I have been doing some serious thinking the past week about where I want my life to go and what I am going to do when I get back. I think I am ready to grow up...I don't know if I will feel this way when I get home but right now that is where my head is. I am intending on coming back and finding some sort of job to get by. In October planning on taking the LSAT and then in January hopefully starting law school at John Marshall. I have looked at their website and they do admissions in January as well and I think I am ready for that challenge and will take it seriously. This might just be me planning to far ahead but it is always good to have a goal in mind and I think this is what I would like to do for a career. So we shall see but just throwing it out there.
I will write before taking off and heading to South Korea but I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas, you will all be missed but I intend on doing what I heard is Japanese tradition. Get drunk and go to KFC to have some good home cookin!